Social Media Specialist
The social specialist is responsible for the development and implementation of social media strategies, planning and content curation in support of the digital marketing strategy across all clients. This includes the promotion of events, media, programs and products related to social media platforms.
Knowledge and experience:
- A thorough understanding of the social landscape
- An understanding of digital marketing generally
- Use of analytics and ORM tools, and the implementation and interpretation of the data
- A practical understanding of social paid media
- Demonstrable strategic skills
- Content generation
- Strong reporting skills
While you constantly manage and engage with your brand communities across multiple platforms online, you will be setting and surpassing Social Media targets and KPIs, working with project teams on 360 campaigns (digital, social, ATL, BTL) including dealing with various media agencies, implementing these on your platforms, submitting reports with intelligent insights, presenting and pitching to clients and agency.
- Develop social media content and work with business partners and account strategist to assure a messaging plan that incorporates social media best practices, and enterprise goals particularly as it pertains to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other platforms.
- Work with social team, strategist, partner agencies, and SEO to develop award winning communications
- Draft, review and submit social media content for clients and internal.
- Work with production designers/agencies to develop graphical content for inclusion on the social media platforms in order to drive audience engagement.
- Create and/or support the development of video in support of brand messaging for social media channels. This may include scheduling photography for use in social media channels.
Maintain a sustainable positive relationship with key customer stakeholders and maintain contact as appropriate and expected
Attend key customer meetings/calls, as required.
Deliver excellent customer service and learn from customer feedback. Participating on all client calls as required in a professional manner
Reviewing customer feedback information and taking positive steps to address customer concern
- Demonstrate strong copywriting flair
- Must be able to write for different platforms/channels with appropriate TOV
- Demonstrates the ability to develop content plans, to offer strategic direction and audit client content
- Extensive knowledge on how to measure and evaluate content performance
- Create content guidance across paid owned and earned medium and ability to develop connected consumer journey
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously with challenging deadlines
- Strong grammar skills, as it pertains to QA for the team
As a Creative agency we expect conceptual and strategic thinking in everything we do - no matter how small it may seem. We need you to add value to every creative brief whilst having an in-depth knowledge of the clients brand CI and how it needs to be implemented online.
- Attention to detail in everything you do.
- Impeccable grammar and spelling, with a creative flair to your writing style tailored to suit each client.
- An innate sense of urgency when dealing with social media tasks.
- Incredible time management skills ensuring you over-deliver on every brief or request.
- A natural instinct for Client Service and the team member everyone wants to work with.
- The confidence and competence to call together and manage brainstorms, project teams and campaigns with minimal supervision and quick, effective results.
- Personal Passion for all Social Media platforms.
- A good following on your own platforms and a knowledge of and connection to South African Social media Influencers.
- A genuine passion for Digital and Social media, what it means for communication and what it means for the future of advertising.
- You have the experience and knowledge
- You are a team player
- You have delegation skills
- You have presentation skills
- Management skills
- You are accountable
- You take responsibility
- You work and behave positively and constructively
Only email applications with an online/PDF portfolio will be considered. No telephonic correspondence. NB: only realistic market related remuneration will be considered. On the application specify current remuneration and desired remuneration. On the application specify availability.